Did you know that most of Providence Billboards feature Providence People?
Any photos submitted will be used in Providence Ripley promotion only.
Taking photos – best practice
The rules for making good pictures: authenticity, simplicity, emotion and composition.
- Whenever possible please use camera instead of your phone
- Image size: supply images in the largest possible size to make sure they have the necessary resolution
- In turn, that means an image with a large resolution has a much higher chance of working than a small one we have to blow up to the big format
- Image format: landscape preferable
- Make sure your photos are in focus
- Composition - be wary of the background and distracting elements in a photo like lampposts, etc. An object blocking part of the frame works if it’s put there intentionally and contextualizes the photo.
- A lot of photography is about what’s not in a photo.
- Lighting is the key – make sure the object is well lit. Good lighting doesn’t always mean using flash lighting or even man-made lighting. It’s just a matter of facing subjects toward the setting sunlight and not shooting them with the sun behind them and shadows on their face.
- Try not to use filters