"Providence will be home to a magnificent parkland."
Providence has dedicated a massive area – 200 hectares – to formal parklands, nature reserves and green sporting and recreational space to create Providence Parklands. This is double the size of Brisbane Botanic Gardens, City Botanic Gardens and South Bank Parklands combined.
This grand visionary parkland belt will wrap the neighbourhoods of Providence and pull into the very heart of the town centre. The green lungs of the community, it is a gift to the people of the Ripley Valley.
A place where you can enjoy the great outdoors. More than just a green belt, but a place of changing moods and activities – comprising passive, active, social, health and knowledge based uses. Features of Providence Parklands will be:
- Rehabilitation of the historic and beautiful Bundamba Creek
- Journey of Play nature and heritage discovery trails
- Exercise circuits, synced to your smart phone or smart watch
- Amazing destination spots and outlooks
- Wedding ceremony destinations
- Barbecue and picnic grounds
- Outdoor community concerts, movies under the stars and weekend markets
- Free Play Fun and Adventure playgrounds
- Meditative play
- Organised Play sports fields
- Community Gardens and Orchard
- Nature preservation and observation corridors
- A place to just chill out and relax
It will be a park with changing environments – creekside, hilltop, town centre, seasonal change. A park that links the community, that connects families to the great outdoors and a healthy outdoor active lifestyle, that wraps right into the schools for children to enjoy as an extension to their curriculum. Green time instead of screen time!
Choose your land at Providence and enjoy the great sense of space and healthy outdoors lifestyle in this wonderful new parklands community.